Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Mrs. who can now drink!

Great title, right? I thought so too. Can you believe I'm a Mrs now? Insane.

These past few days have been... how should I say it.. AMAZING, CRAZY, EXCITING, NERVE-WRACKING.. but ya, totally some of the best days of my life.

So for those of you that DIDN'T know (where have you been? like seriously) I got married on Saturday, September 7th to Jake (yes the guy that made me look like Effie :D in this video)

We celebrated our 4 year anniversary on Thursday (which was a pretty relaxing day really..) I got a pedicure, a massage.. it was a good day.

The next day (day before the wedding) was pretty much AWFUL though, so ya know..  The tent showed up like 6 hours late, the table and chairs showed up FRIDAY night at 9pm instead of THURSDAY. Stupid people. So I didn't get much beauty sleep THAT'S for sure. People kept telling me to leave (it was about midnight) but I wanted everything to be perfect so I stayed. The rehearsal was awful. If you are getting married, don't expect the rehearsal to look good. (Mine was a disaster but the wedding was still perfect, so you can relax.) The rehearsal dinner was good though! (Big thanks to my mother-in-law!)

Saturday morning was... stressful. Really all I can say. I was a total nervous wreck. I was snapping at people.. I was basically a really crabby bride. That was mainly due to really negative, stressful people around me that morning. I'm someone that really picks up on the emotions and feelings of others. If everyone around me is bubbly and happy, soon I will be too. Unfortunately this works in reserve as well. Some people don't know what to do when they get stressed and they turn into negative Nancy's. TIP: On YOUR wedding day, try and surround yourself with people that are really good at managing stress. Especially if they are good at making you laugh! I don't know what I would have done without 2 of my bridesmaids, Karlee and Bethanna. They were so good at keeping me calm and laughing later on! :D

The day got better and I found myself getting SUPER emotional over stuff I didn't think I was going to. I almost started crying the first time I saw Jake for example. Have you seen the pictures on Pinterest and  stuff where the bride and groom are holding hands around a wall or tree or something where the groom can't see the bride? Jake and I did that and I think the picture is going to turn out really cute. But when I first saw him, I just got so overwhelmed by how handsome he looked and I don't know... I got mad at myself because I had spent so long on my makeup and here I was messing it up before the ceremony even started! Bethanna made a joke that made me laugh and I calmed myself down luckily before I ruined my makeup. I almost cried seeing Jake at the alter, during the toasts, SO many different times! It was just an amazing emotional day I suppose.

Overall, I was really happy with the decorations and how everything looked. I can't WAIT to show you guys pictures! I plan on posting them once I get my hands on them!

Jake and I spent Saturday evening and most of Sunday in Avila by the lake (a gift from his grandmother.) That place was AWESOME. (If you didn't know Jake and I are waiting until December to take our actual honeymoon)

Then yesterday, on Monday, was my 21st birthday! I didn't do much but I dressed up for it and Jake and I went downtown and ate dinner. I then went to Trops and bought my first alcoholic drink! (It was a raspberry lemonade slushy) Afterwards, we swam in the pool at our place with some friends and called it a night! I didn't want a crazy 21st birthday party.. plus I knew I had to work the next morning!

I'll admit I'm kind of wore out from these past few days. I plan on going STRAIGHT home after work and relaxing! :D

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Congratulations and Happy Birthday! I'm so glad your wedding was perfect despite all of the "bumps" in the road. :) Wishing you lots of happiness!

Karlee said...

Love this :) I will be watching for more to read!