Friday, September 27, 2013

Painting Time!



So my boss, Michele, loves to find fun things to do in the city, and yesterday she invited me to go with her and paint! We basically went to a "class." I guess you could call it that. It's really just a bunch of people having fun painting, and listening to music! Some were even drinking wine!





Every day they paint a different canvas so you can look ahead on their website (or their Facebook page) and see what's coming up! Michele really liked the windmill and so she was looking forward to painting it! The painting was actually inspired by a real photograph that her friend had taken, which was pretty cool!

So here's what my painting looked like after I painted the sky (to the left) which was really easy! Then we started the grass and drew the beginning of the windmill. The grass was way harder than I thought it would be! I'm such a perfectionist and wanted it to look JUST RIGHT. My windmill base totally sucked, but I knew that we would be adding a lot to it so I was worried.

After that we added the windmill wings (is that what you call them?) and that was SO STINKING HARD! I just started painting them on there without really thinking about spacing at all. Eventually I figured it out though and here's what my painting looked like at the end!



Michele and I had so much fun and I'd love to do it again someday! I think Jake wants to actually hang it up!


No comments: