Friday, August 23, 2013

What I've been reading lately...



So lately I've been reading anywhere from 6-12 books a month. It's now August 23rd, and as CRAZY as it seems, I've only managed to finish 1 book! I sped through Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban really quickly (which wasn't that smart because I plan on doing a book discussion over it and I should have taken my time).  I think I'll film that discussion video sometime this next week!





I took a bit of a reading break while I was packing and moving and stuff, but I did start one book on my nook, Reboot, by Amy Tintera. It's odd because I REALLY enjoyed this story in the beginning, but now I'm starting to loose interest. I'm on page 138 out of 233, but I'm just not in the mood to read it.. Hopefully I can pick it back up really soon!





I did start my new job on Thursday the 15th and met my new boss, Michele Spry, who is actually an author! Isn't that awesome?! She wrote a children's story called Mr. T's Hat Rack about paying it forward and how so much good can come from little acts of kindness. I read it in a night, and definitely recommend it! Even though I'm not a child, I could still take away a great message! If I was a mother I could totally see me reading this to my child. There were some really good messages involved.




So since I'm in the middle of rereading the Harry Potter series, I decided to start Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. I'm planning on reading it reaallly slowly because I don't want a repeat of PoA again. (I rushed through and wrote down hardly anything for my book discussion!) Plus this book is absolutely humongous anyways!

So what have you all read lately? Leave me a comment below letting me know! :D
Have a great day! - Jess

No comments: