Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top Ten Books I Read In 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/original feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is top ten books I read in 2013. (Not including rereads)
I read SO many amazing series this year! Below I've included the first book of the series (not necessarily my favorite book of the series, although it may be.) Below the covers you can find my reviews as well!
Oh, and I couldn't decide on a particular order (it was hard enough just picking 10!) so I choose to do a random order!

1. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (Book 1 in the Infernal Device Trilogy)
2. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (Book 1 in the Heroes of Olympus series)
3. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Book 1 in the Vampire Academy series)
4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Book 1 in the Lunar Chronicles)

6. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken (Book 1 in the Darkest Minds trilogy)
7. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (Book 1 in the 5th Wave trilogy)
8. Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
9. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
10. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks

Where were some of your favorites from this year? Let me know in the comments!

5 comments:

Frannie Panglossa said...

God, i have read no one of those!!
I absolutely have to, they're all in my wishlist!
These are my favorite books of this year: http://youtu.be/5AyMhl_LADA?a
Happy new year!! :D

Stephanie R said...

Vampire Academy looks interesting and a lot of people seem to love it. I've always drawn back from reading it because the cover of the first book is kinda a creepy look. I definitely think I'll be giving that series a chance soon =) Great list!

Hannelore said...

I really want to read Silver linings playbook! I hope I'll be able to read it in 2014 :)
I really loved reading The Fault in Our Stars.


~ Hannelore

Jessica said...

The cover is definitely creepy! I'm not a fan of the covers at all actually.. You should definitely give it a chance sometime this year though! :)
Thanks!

Jessica said...

You really should! Good luck! :)