Thursday, January 23, 2014

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Last Sacrifice
By Richelle Mead
Pub Date Dec. 7th 2010
Series: Vampire Academy #6




Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
My vision was growing dimmer, the blackness and ghosts closing in. I swore it was like I could hear Robert whispering in my ear: The world of the dead won't give you up a second time. Just before the light completely vanished, I saw Dimitri's face join Lissa's. I wanted to smile. I decided then that if the two people I loved most were safe, I could leave this world.

The dead could finally have me.


Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir's Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardians to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose - for a crime she didn't even commit. She's in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She'll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose's life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back...and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your whole life is about saving others, who will save you?

Join Rose, Dimitri, Adrian, and Lissa in Last Sacrifice, the epic, unforgettable finale to Richelle Mead's international #1 bestselling Vampire Academy series.

My Rating:



My Thoughts:

Whew. What a book. I can't believe this series is over! This series has been added to my all time favorite series list. I adored the characters, this amazing world created by Richelle Mead, the fighting, everything. I highly recommend this series to anyone who hasn't read it yet. (I'm especially speaking to all of you who were turned away by the hideous covers.) This series has everything that I ask for... the love, friendship, loyalty, bravery... Richelle Mead's characters are just so SO good. I know there's a spin off series called Bloodlines in which I believe the alchemist, Sydney, is the main character. I can't wait to pick it up and continue on in this world!

The rest of this review will now convert into me talking/rambling about the wonderfulness that was this book. Aka SPOILERS. Please only keep reading if you have also read this book!

There's just so much to talk about. Adrian and Rose splitting up... Tasha's betrayal... Victor's death.. Lissa becoming Queen.. Rose and Dimitri finally getting back together.. Sonya being saved, where do I begin?

I (of course) really enjoyed when Rose was busted out of jail and her and Dimitri ran off into the sunset.. Well, that's not exactly what happened, but the fact that they were spending any time together at all was very exciting. Dimitri finally began to love and forgive himself again in this book since being Strigoi. I was very happy that we didn't have to suffer through him tormenting himself the entire book. Thank you Richelle. Some authors would have kept going on and on with that I think.

Sonya was saved and reunited with Mikhal which was nice. She turned out to be an asset to their mission (although she had very bad timing at the campground.) Rose went through a lot in this book what with being thrown in jail for something she didn't do, and then being left out of her plans for escape. I was mildly irritated with her when she ran from Dimitri and Sydney towards the beginning of their trip, but do we really expect Rose to just sit in a hotel for a few weeks? Ya right. Rose takes charge and gets things done. That's just one of the reasons why we love her so much.

I figured that Rose and Dimitri would find their way back to each other, and when they ran off together that pretty much just confirmed it for me. I was sad though because I do really actually like Adrian. The ending with him and Rose was rather abrupt although she only spoke the truth. I admit, if I hadn't already known about the Bloodlines series with him I would have been pissed. That ending just didn't give closure. He was an extremely nice guy although he's a little rough around the edges and didn't deserve to be dumped and then dropped.

What did you all think of Tasha? I admit I thought that it was Danielle the whole book. I even thought to myself at one point that I was almost sad that I had guessed the real murderer and the ending, but then Richelle throws a curveball in there! I never suspected Tasha and I actually feel bad for Christian losing his last relative that he's close with. I'm not okay with her framing Rose though.. they still ticked me off.

I like that in the end Rose "heals herself" and isn't saved by a spirit user. Rose is a very strong individual and I think that just proved it. It's extremely strange that she is no longer bound to Lissa, but there are many pros to that as well. Rose can just be her own person now. I'm thrilled that Dimitri got assigned to Christian and Rose to Lissa. I'm just thrilled with this whole series in general. I want everyone to read it!

No comments: