Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead





Spirit Bound
By Richelle Mead
Pub Date: May 18th, 2010
Series: Vampire Academy #5





Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong...

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him... forever.
 My Rating:

My Thoughts:

Now THIS is what I missed.. I loved the first three books, but the fourth was a little bit less.. stunning. This book was everything I love about the series.. It made me cry, it made me laugh, it made my heart race... I'm really really enjoying reading this series so far and I can't wait to read the final book (although that's a little bittersweet). If you haven't read this series yet I recommend it!! Do it!

That's all I have to say for those of you who haven't read these books yet.. The rest is full of spoilers. You've be warned!


FINALLY. Dimitri has been saved. Dimitri isn't a Strigoi anymore.. I can breathe again.. when he started sobbing after Lissa saved him. Dimitri, SOBBING! ahh it broke my heart. I was so overwhelmingly happy though that he was a dhampir again.
Of course, in just a matter of a few chapters I was frustrated with him again though. Ol Dimitri, always having to be responsible.. you killed people. We know Dimitri BUT WE FORGIVE YOU. So stop beating yourself up already. I suppose that I wouldn't have been happy though if he WOULD HAVE just like bounced back and been 100% back to his old self. Obviously he has such a good heart and it's hard for him to think back to what he did to Rose and all of those people he killed.. I think it will just take time. I'm okay with that. I'm just happy he's back!

SO much happened in this book besides with Dimitri though! Rose finally graduated which is exciting! I can't believe her and Lissa are finally out in the "real world!"

Rose, Lissa, and Eddie BROKE INTO A PRISON which is just bonkers.. even for Rose. I can't believe they managed to break out Victor. I did guess that he would get away in Vegas after his brother told them what they needed to know about the stake. Which, about the stake, I still can't believe that Lissa managed to charm it! AND stab a strigoi? What! I was so happy when Christian and Lissa were working together to learn how to stake people! I'm so relieved that they moved on and are finally working out things.

I'm not sure what's going to happen now..
1. Rose being on trail for a crime that we know she obviously didn't do.. I can't believe that Tatiana is dead though. Also, why was she acting a lot different in this book to Rose..? That was so weird.. you wanna hear something NUTS? I have no idea why, but I think that Adrian's mom did it. I don't have many reasons why I think that. Just a guess.
2. This whole dhampirs turning into guardians at age 16. Most agree that that's an awful idea, yet it passed? I wish Lissa could have voted. Oh! and then the thing at the end where we learn that Lissa has a half brother/sister?! What! Obviously that will play a big part in this next book I'm sure.

Very, very excited for the last book in the series!




1 comment:

Stephanie R said...

I want to start this series soon! I have the first book just sitting on my shelf (along with so many other books) D: So many books to read! Glad to hear you're enjoying this series =)