Monday, January 13, 2014

Recommend A... Book with a Musically Talented Character



Be sure to check out future prompts here as well as more info on this feature.

This week's prompt:
Recommend A... Book with a Musically Talented Character

Clockwork Angel
by Cassandra Clare
Pub Date: Aug 31, 2010
Series: Infernal Devices #1
In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever.
Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to.

Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them....

This trilogy is one of my favorite trilogies of all time. I fell head over heels in love with the characters. I've never seen a book bring out so many different emotions in me..  Jem Carstairs is one of the main characters and can play the violin. I think the violin is heartbreakingly beautiful and I've always admired people that can play. I've always been attracted to men that can play a musical instrument (that's the band geek coming out in me I suppose). I fell in love with Jem's character and this is the only book series I read where I absolutely loved the love triangle involved (and found myself loving both of the guys involved). That usually never happens to me! I highly recommend this series!

I found this link on someone's Tumblr! This was the song that Jem was playing the night he met Tessa! So romantic! Click here to listen!

Here is my review over the first book in the trilogy, Clockwork Angel!



What are some of your favorite books with musically talented characters?


No comments: