Friday, February 7, 2014

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Crown of Midnight
By Sarah J. Maas
Pub Date: August 27th 2013
Series: Throne of Glass #2




Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.

Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice.

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?

My Rating:


(Yes I rated it 6/5 ice cream cones! It was THAT good!)

My Thoughts:

I thought that I loved the first book, but this book shined even brighter than the first! I realize now that the first book's events just had to happen so that we could set up this world and this series. I've been reading the author's blog quite a bit, and I'm thrilled that she plans to write at least 6 books! I loved that we got to find out more about the wyrdmarks, but I still want to learn more about the Fae! (Hopefully in this next book?) I still continue to adore Celaena in this book and her relationship with Chaol. *sigh* This book made my interest in Dorian grow and I can't wait to continue to read more about him! I must say, I did not see that ending coming. At all. Maybe it was obvious to some, but that hit me in the face like a ton of bricks. It's going to feel like a very, very long time until book three is out, but at least we have the novella bind up that comes out next month!

What did you all think of this book? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments: