Monday, September 29, 2014

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty
By: Jenny Han
Published: May 5th, 2009
Series: Summer #1
Source: Gift from Family!




Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

I really enjoyed this book! This is my third book by Jenny Han, and it's safe to say she's become one of my favorite Contemporary authors!

I loved that this book felt so real. I could definitely relate to Belly being the only girl among a bunch of boys. And sadly, I can also relate to her about liking her brother's friends, but them just seeing you as "the little sister". I DID find Belly to be a little annoying at times.. but she WAS only fifteen years old! I was definitely pretty annoying at 15! I enjoyed her story though! I was jealous of her summer! I would love to relax and tan all day!

I didn't quite love this book as much as her other books, but I'm excited to continue the trilogy! I felt like it was lacking a bit with the romance and character development. I know that we got to see Belly's feelings, but I was a little let down that more didn't come from her crush. I think that's coming in book 2!
What did you all think of this book?!

No comments: