Monday, March 3, 2014

Recommend An... Underrated Book


Be sure to check out future prompts here as well as more info on this feature.

This week's prompt:
Recommend an Underrated Book


Bloody Jack
By L.A. Meyer

Pub Date: June 2002
Add on Goodreads

Life as a ship's boy aboard HMS Dolphin is a dream come true for Jacky Faber. Gone are the days of scavenging for food and fighting for survival on the streets of eighteenth-century London. Instead, Jacky is becoming a skilled and respected sailor as the crew pursues pirates on the high seas.
There's only one problem: Jacky is a girl. And she will have to use every bit of her spirit, wit, and courage to keep the crew from discovering her secret. This could be the adventure of her life--if only she doesn't get caught. . . .

I used to be SUCH a big fan of this series. Eventually, as I got older I admit that I haven't continued reading the lastest books. I read the first seven books, but I've been really wanting to finish the series! If I'm not mistaken there's eleven books out now and I believe that a twelfth will be out sometime later this year. While some might say the series is carrying on a bit too long, they are extremely enjoyable reads. I own three of the eleven already out and I hope to someday own them all! The situations that the main character Jacky get's into are just so comical. Of course, I love the pirates in this story as well!

No comments: