Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Bookcon 2014 (AKA Massive BookTuber Meetup)


 

Bookcon (formerly named Power Reader Day) was on May 31st at the Javets Center in New York City. I went with my boss, Michele Spry, who is the children's author of Tom T's Hat Rack. Looking back I had so much fun in New York City and at Bookcon, but it wasn't for the reasons you would assume.

I met zero authors, actors, I didn't recieve any of the ARCS I was hoping to receive, I hardly got anything signed, and in general just didn't leave with much besides a few totes bags.

However, I had so much fun and this was mainly because of all of the amazing BookTubers and all of my wonderful viewers. I knew that there would be a BookTuber meetup at 12:30 at the Bookcon Lounge and there would be one at the Strand Bookstore at 5, but I had no idea that so many people would show up. When I imagined the meetup in my head, I pictured a bunch of us BookTubers sitting around talking and then having around 20 people or show up to say hi and maybe take a picture or something. No. It was INSANE.


There were SO many people. You all were so sweet and amazing, and were having us sign things, and you all were actually forming lines to meet us! I still can't believe that so many of you wanted to meet me. It was insane.

Thank you all again for coming up and saying hi! You all were so, so sweet and I loved meeting each and every one of you!

Some of the pictures I took with you guys :D

 

 
 

With @m_keidel


With @emdubz_
With @vaylinaa!


With @vaylinaa

With @multifandomgirl

We all signed this for @multifandomgirl


Meeting @ellimac0717!


With @kchamp99




If we took a picture together, make sure and tag me in it! :)
My NY/Bookcon Haul video will be up soon!


2 comments:

Ebony Ellis said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time, Jessica! I hope to be able to go next year. :) Can't wait to see your next haul.

Jessica said...

Thanks Ebony! :D