Friday, December 13, 2013

Bookish Survey: Cast a Harry Potter Spell!


I've decided to do my first ever survey, and it's a Harry Potter survey!
So it must be awesome, right? Right.
This was created by Flip That Page!

Reparo

fixes damaged objects
A book that needs some serious fixing: Reboot by Amy Tintera - I thought the cover was interesting and I loved the idea of the book in general. The first half of the book really pulls you in, but then about half of the way through the book I kind of lost interest. I pushed through and finished... but I don't know. Once they left.. it just didn't have my attention. Something needed to be changed to continue to hold my attention I guess.

Lumos

creates a narrow beam of light
A book that deserves more attention: Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - So many people love dystopian books, but not many people are giving this series a shot. I guess I'm mainly talking about the Booktube community in general and my friends.. It has so many amazing characters and the surprises and AH! I'll never stop raving about this series.

Nox

counters the effects of Lumos
An overhyped book: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - So many people raved about this book, but I just thought that it was okay. Not awful, but definitely not near as good as many people told me it was going to be. I found the main character too whiny to be honest. I still want to push myself to continue the series one day (mainly just because I own them) but it will be awhile.

Accio

summons an object from a significant distance
A book you’re anticipating: Cress by Marissa Meyer - I fell in love with Cinder and Scarlet and have been eagerly anticipating Cress for awhile now! The first chapter is available through NetGalley but I want more!

Alohomora

opens unlocked doors, unless bewitched
A book you want to be more open (minded) about: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak- I'm always open minded about every book I read. If a friend recommends a book to me, it doesn't matter how ridiculous it sounds, I will still read it. This is one book that I want to read because I've heard many people say that it's amazing, yet I'm still hesitant. I personally have never really cared for books that take place in Nazi Germany.. I know it's just going to make me cry...

Expecto Patronum

conjures an incarnation of positive feelings
A book that made you cry, or at least want to: The Help by Kathryn Stockett - Oh man... this book made me cry so much.. "You is kind.. you is smart.. you is important.."

Morsmordre

conjures the Dark Mark
A book you wish to mark as one of your favorites: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - This is one of my favorites from this year. LOVED the characters, the romance, setting, everything!

Petrificus Totalus

petrifies victim
A book you wish to keep forever: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - I want to have this series forever. I'm looking forward to the days when I can read these books to my children.

Protego

shield charm
An intimidating book you keep putting off: The Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin - These books are so massive. I read the first 100 pages and then put it down, but have plans to pick it back up in the year 2014. There are just so many different characters and sub plots going on.. So many people love it, but I'm scared to start..

Riddikulus

used against a boggart
A book with a deceiving synopsis: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - This is one of my favorite trilogies . It's hard to explain and so the synopsis doesn't do it justice, but it's AMAZING!

Lacarnum Inflamarae

shoots fireballs
A book you wish to burn out of your mind completely: House by Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker - This book scared me so badly.. I've already repressed most of it.

Wingardium Leviosa

levitates objects
A book you wish to reread: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling - I'm in the process of rereading this series right now and this is the one I'm on!

Avada Kedavra

causes instant death
Worst book EVER: The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks - Just stick with Romance Nick.. don't try this creepy suspense crap. I had NIGHTMARES about this book. Ugh. Love the rest of your books.. but this one was the worst!

Part 2 will be coming soon!

 

No comments: