Saturday, December 14, 2013

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx
By Jennifer L. Armentrout

Publication date: August 14, 2012
Series: Lux #2

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
- Goodreads
My Rating:



My Thoughts:

Whew. What a book.. I feel like SO much more happened in this book than in Obsidian. Daemon and Katy's relationship continued (and made me want to pull out my hair most of the time)... but I enjoyed reading this book. There wasn't near as many of those darn Twilight parallels in this one as there was in Obsidian so that made me a lot happier. I felt like it was more original because of that. Overall, I enjoyed this book and recommend it! 
The rest of this review will now probably transform itself into more of a rant. (With spoilers.. you've been warned)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AHHH! Okay, so that ending. Wow. Dawson is back?! I can't wait to pick up the third book in this series! 
What did you all think of Katy and her powers? When she was feverish and stuff in the beginning of the book I was so confused.. I just kept thinking, can she become an alien? What? It makes a bit more sense that she is just a mutant though. haha 

So what about Blake? Did you guys trust him from the beginning? I personally distrusted him from the start because I knew he had an interest in Katy and I only wanted her with Daemon (obviously). I really thought it was strange how he didn't seem to see the branch hovering above his head when Katy stopped it.. I was paranoid and I felt like he was lying to her (which he was). I definitely didn't expect for him to be a mutant himself.. I just wish that Katy would have listened to Daemon and she wouldn't have trusted him. Ugh. Now because of her not listening to Daemon, Adam is dead. So sad...

Did you all suspect Will from the start? I actually was cooled by him for most of the book.. He started acting creepier and creepier and I was just HOPING for Katy and her Mom's sake that I was just being paranoid again.. I'm afraid of how her mom is going to act in this next book when she finds out.. I guess in a way though.. it all ended okay though? Right? I mean, it's not like Katy is still in that disgusting kennel anymore... Daemon took care of that. And they DID get Daemon back, right? Katy did have to go through massive amounts of suffering though.. I'm sure she will never forget that... What do you think will happen to Will? I'm guessing that mutation will take hold and he will connect himself to Daemon and Katy (just because that would suck and right now I feel like that would just be their luck).

I must say, I wasn't TOTALLY in love with Daemon and Katy's romance in this book.. I guess I was just frustrated with Katy mostly.. I thought Daemon was being so cute by trying to woo her, yet she is SO stubborn! I was getting SO sick and tired of her talking about how he didn't really know what he felt and it was all the connection.. blah blah blah. Ugh. JUST KISS HIM ALREADY! 

I'm definitely looking forward to reading the next one. I wonder if we will hear from Blake again? My guess is probably.. I'm sure we will be seeing Will as well... I hope that Dee and Katy get back to being friends again.. I missed Dee in this book.

Let me know what you all thought of Onyx in the comments!

Oh! Also, I just read today on the author's blog that there will be new cover designs coming out this upcoming summer! I can't wait to see them!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!! I didn't know you had a blog! *__* Now I'm totally gonna be a follower! I mean, I also have a blog but it's in Italian... Anyway! =D
I read this book and I agree with you, there's a lot more going on than in Obsidian!
I didn't like Blake nor Will since the beginning, I know they were gonna be troubles... I hated Will, actually!
And I wanted to kill Katy myself! I mean, seriously, Daemon was so cute and sweet and I wanted to hug him so badly and Katy was just going on and on about that stupid alien mojo and she made me so so angry!!
The third book is even better than this one! With Dawson back and Katy and Daemon together it is full of things and the ending is so cliffhanger! Be sure to have the forth one with you because you're gonna want to read it! :P
Ok, this comment is just too long, I'm sorry!
Byee! =D

Jessica said...

Thank you!! It's still pretty new!


Ugh NOW I hate Will as well... I know! Cutie Daemon with the rose and everything!
I'm currently reading Opal and really enjoying it so far! I'm not too far into it yet.

Rases Habra said...

Looking forward to starting this series! :D