Monday, December 30, 2013

Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Frostbite
By Richelle Mead
Publication Date: August 10th, 2008
Series: Vampire Academy #2



Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide
Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...

My Rating:




My Thoughts: 

I LOVED this book, just like the first one! I'm excited to continue this series because I've been told that they only get better! (How is that possible?)

This is the second book in a series so it may be hard for me to talk about this book without giving away some spoilers.. you've been warned.

What did you all think of Janine Hathaway? I feel like there's so much more to her story that we haven't heard of yet. I feel like Rose's father will play a bigger part in this story later as well. In a way I feel like Rose was being really immature, and cruel to her mom.. but then again, all she sees is a woman that abandoned her. I know that they are both tough women, but I can't believe she gave Rose a black eye!

There was so much more blood and battle in this book, such as the massacre. Ugh. That was awful.. I'm glad Dimitri was the one there with Rose though.. Rose has definitely seen enough horror in this book to last her a lifetime.. Unfortunately for her, I'm sure she will be seeing much more in the future...

What do you think about Rose and Lissa's bond? It's one thing to get a wave of feelings from another person, and a whole other thing to have to basically be transferred into their head. She didn't even like Christian and next thing she knows, it's basically Rose lying there making out with him. That's enough to make anyone lose their mind..

It's funny because this book is about so much more than Rose and Dimitri's love story.. but I was SO frustrated with the whole Tasha thing.. It sucked because Dimitri actually seemed really happy around her.. I'm really happy that he didn't go with her obviously.

Of course I didn't like Adrian in this book at all... well towards the end he was sorta helpful with the dreams (which was super interesting). He just seemed like a sleaze though. I'm sure we will be seeing much more of him..

Speaking of that ending.. woah. Just woah. I'm still angry at Rose for not telling anyone about Mason and them running away.. Also, WHY didn't they just meet at the mall AND GET THE HECK OUT OF THERE! I knew something bad was going to happen.. It's one thing to hear about Strigoi and another to be face to face with one. Those chapters were awful.. poor Eddie.. I guess they were just kind of stunned and feeling hopeless but I couldn't believe that they hadn't thought of Christian using his magic before..I was practically yelling at him. When the others escaped, but then Mason came back I had such a heavy feeling in my heart.. I really liked Mason, not that I thought that he should be with Rose instead of Dimitri, but still. I can't believe he was killed right in front of Rose. I was so proud of her and Mia though. Imagine the horror of a huge wall of water surrounding your face constantly drowning you (Poor Stefan.. anyways haha)Rose kicked butt and finally earned her marks! So proud of her, but I'm afraid for her at the same time. She went through so much in this book that I'm sure she's going to have to pay for it later.



No comments: