Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bout of Books read-a-thon 10.0



Bout of Books 
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


I will be participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon again this year! I'm so excited!


Last year I participated (it was also during Finals week) and I believe that I ended up reading a total of 1,000 pages. That's quite a bit, but if I could match that again I would be very, very pleased with myself. Honestly if I could just double my average weekly page count I would be happy. (Lately because of school it's only been around 200 pages or so)


Here is my TBR list:


I would like to finish rereading The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I'm currently on page 200 of 275, so it will take no time to finish!

I would like to continue rereading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling. I'm not going to say that I will finish it because I really enjoy taking my time with these books and spending as much time as possible in the fantastic world that J.K. Rowling has created! I would like to read a significant amount of it though!

I would like to start reading Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian and if I enjoy it I will continue on with Fire for Fire, the second in the series.

After that I'm not sure, but I have plenty of new books so I'll be updating this list as it gets closer to the read-a-thon!



Will you be participating?

2 comments:

Jo K. said...

Yay, The Hobbit! Good luck with your goals and enjoy!

Jessica said...

Thank you! :)