Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Top Ten Friendships in Books


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish Blog

      
Top Ten Friendships in Books

 I had a lot of fun deciding my favorites! Usually I have a hard time making these lists, but not today! Books with amazing friendships are my favorite to read!
 
1. The Harry Potter Series- Harry, Hermione, and Ron 
 There are some things you can’t share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.”

“We'll be there, Harry," said Ron
"What?"
"At your Aunt and Uncle's house," said Ron, "And then we'll go with you wherever you're going."
"No-" said Harry quickly; he hadn't counted on this, he had meant them to understand that he was undertaking the most dangerous journey alone.
"You said it once before," said Hermione quickly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we? We're with you whatever happens.” 
 

 
 2. The Lord of the Rings - Frodo and Sam
 “I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. Don’t you leave him, Samwise Gamgee. And I don’t mean to. I don’t mean to.” - Sam

"Come, Mr. Frodo!' he cried. 'I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" -Sam

“I am glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.”



3. The Infernal Devices Trilogy - Will and Jem
“Jem knotted his fingers in the material of Will's sleeve. "You are my parabatai," he said, "You said once I could ask anything of you.” 

“Jem touched the parabatai rune on his shoulder, through the thin material of his nightshirt. "I am not alone," he said. "Wherever we are, we are as one.” 

4. Vampire Academy - Rose and Lissa
“Lissa and I had been friends ever since kindergarten, when our teacher had paired us up together for writing lessons. Forcing five-year-olds to spell Vasilisa Dragomir and Rosemarie Hathaway was beyond cruel, and we’d—or rather, I’d—responded appropriately. I’d chucked my book at out teacher and called her a fascist bastard. I hadn’t known what those words meant, but I’d known how to hit a moving target.
Lissa and I had been inseparable ever since.”



5. - The Lightning Thief - Percy & Annabeth
 "What if it lines up like it did in the Trojan War ... Athena versus Poseidon?" - Percy
 "I don't know. But I just know that I'll be fighting next to you." -Annabeth
 "Why?" - Percy
 "Because you're my friend, Seaweed Brain. Any more stupid questions? - Annabeth



6. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Sam, Charlie, and Patrick
“We didn't talk about anything heavy or light. We were just there together. And that was enough”  

“It's just hard to see a friend hurt this much. Especially when you can't do anything except 'be there.' I just want to make him stop hurting, but I can't. So I just follow him around whenever he wants to show me his world.” 
“Sam and Patrick looked at me. And I looked at them. And I think they knew. Not anything specific really. They just knew. And I think that's all you can ever ask from a friend.” 
 


7. Throne of Glass - Nehemia and Celaena
“And, for what it’s worth, I’d pick you over a thousand ordinary and extraordinary friends. I think even if we just met on the street, even if I just saw you in passing, I’d know what you are.”

Celaena cocked her head to the side. “An assassin?”

Nehemia’s dark eyes were bright as she shook her head. “The sister of my heart.”
 

 
8. The Harry Potter Series - The Marauders (James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter) 
(Well may -Peter...)
"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs
Purveyors of Aids to Magical Mischief Makers
Are proud to present
THE MARAUDER'S MAP
"

"You should have died! Died rather than betray your friends, as we would have done for you!" - Sirius Black


9. Fangirl - Cath and Regan
“I feel sorry for you, and I'm going to be your friend."
"I don't want to be your friend," Cath said as sternly as she could. "I like that we're not friends."
"Me, too. I'm sorry you ruined it by being so pathetic.”

"And you’re not my only friend."
"I know—" Reagan rolled her eyes and waved a hand in the air, "—you’ve got the whole internet"
 


 10. The Darkest Minds - Ruby, Liam, Chubs, and Zu
“I'm a monster, you know. I'm one of the dangerous ones."
"No you aren't," he promised. "You're one of us.” 

“Yes, you are,” Chubs agreed. “But you’re our idiot, so be more careful next time.”
“Cosigned,” Liam said, hooking his fingers over mine on top of the armrest. 



What are some of your favorite friendships in books? Let me know in the comments!

4 comments:

Jamie @ Ermahgerd Berks said...

We picked many of the same books!! haha I didn't even realize how many great friendships there were until I really thought about it :)

Jessica said...

haha great minds think alike! :)
I know! I wish I had some amazing friendships like these! :)

Olivia Guitron said...

This was a really cute post I definitely agree with so many of these!

Jessica said...

Thanks Olivia! :D